This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WR/PE3 wrist problem(?)

Started by Stephen Hepner, March 30, 2015 · 5 Replies · 149 Views

Stephen Hepner

Ive been working on WR/PE3 for some months now and recently my left wrist (namely the left radius) has started popping in and out depending on weight and position.  Im assuming this has happened because the joint has started to loosen up but should I be worried about this and will it eventually correct itself?

 

thanks!

stephen

 

 

 

Mark Collins

Do you have pain with this exercise? Any audible noises?

Nick Roy

Your wrist shoulder never feel loose. Warmed up with easy movement through the ROM, but not loose. If it were me, I would give it a few days rest then dial back to PE2 and see how it feels. You need to be more wary with bones and tendons

Stephen Hepner

No noises that I can hear (noisy gym) while doing the exercise.  When I just rotate my wrists, they do make roughly the same light popping noises as my knees but the right wrist is louder.  There has never been any pain.

 

This is my deload week and on Monday I was experimenting with this.  I found that it I really focus on moving my wrist from the neutral position and into a slightly extended position then this doesnt happen.  Im assuming this is a clue but I dont yet know what it means

 

Some years ago the arch fell in my left foot.  In many ways this situation reminds me of that.  Ive spent the last few years barefoot, strengthening my feet, working on the mobility, and lately those horrible elevated seizas (someday my heals will be together).  Now, if I work at it, I can get most of the arch back but the moment I relax, it goes right back down.

 

 

...a few years ago when I first started strength training, I never imagined that it would also include a crash course in applied anatomy, kinesiology, physiology, nutrition, etc.  Figures that the one branch of science I *didnt* take in college would be the one I now need the most.  :P

 

stephen

vinca_minor
Stephen Hepner said:

...a few years ago when I first started strength training, I never imagined that it would also include a crash course in applied anatomy, kinesiology, physiology, nutrition, etc.  Figures that the one branch of science I *didnt* take in college would be the one I now need the most.  :P

 

No kidding

Mark Collins
Stephen Hepner said:

 

This is my deload week and on Monday I was experimenting with this.  I found that it I really focus on moving my wrist from the neutral position and into a slightly extended position then this doesnt happen.  Im assuming this is a clue but I dont yet know what it means

 

...a few years ago when I first started strength training, I never imagined that it would also include a crash course in applied anatomy, kinesiology, physiology, nutrition, etc.  Figures that the one branch of science I *didnt* take in college would be the one I now need the most.  :P

 

stephen

I think you have solved the problem on your own. With the wrist in slight extension the joints are in a more closed packed position and are more stable. Being more stable will make the wrists feel stronger.

It is these little tweaks that can make the exercises so much better.