Hey everybody, I was just wondering if the type of stretching in this course could help relieve rotator cuff impingement. I've got a problem with it on my left side and it's gotten a little worse recently. I've already searched the forums for shoulder rehab routines but I was hoping stretching would help too. Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Rotator cuff impingement
Started by Erin, March 29, 2015 · 5 Replies · 325 Views
I think so, but it does require that you are attentive while doing the stretches. If you are aware of how your shoulder feels then you can use that feedback to reduce any pain, which will also be the correct positioning of the shoulder for a given position.
Impingement could be managed basically with HBP IM's series.
Last time I had impingement was before starting F series.
Increase both lower traps and rotator cuff strength.
Thanks guys!
Alex is right, th IM's of HBP are fantastic for shoulder impingement. I used to get impingement easily. The iM's of HBP helped me a lot and still do. I still keep them in my warmup. I'm also experiencing great things to my shoulders through this course. I've started to use the Rocking table, Supine shoulder extensions ( be careful to not overdo or go deeper then you can handle) and elevated cat 2-3 times a week
Rotator cuff injuries are quite complex so it is nearly impossible for us to give you advice on a specific exercise that will help. If your impingement is not serious Foundation, Handstand and Stretch will help. If you are not improving then seek medical help. I have treated many people that waited years when their problem was fixed within a couple of weeks if treatment.