This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretch on Jefferson curls

Started by Neal S, March 28, 2015 · 3 Replies · 211 Views

Neal S

Hi guys, I've searched the forums but I can't find a specific answer.  I understand the knees are supposed to be straight but do you push the knees back like in the vertical pike stretch?  Pushing back greatly limits my ROM and I feel pressure behind the knee.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

 

Coach Sommer

Yes, your knees should be locked or 'pressed back' as you described it.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mats Trane
Neal S said:

  I understand the knees are supposed to be straight but do you push the knees back like in the vertical pike stretch?  Pushing back greatly limits my ROM and I feel pressure behind the knee. 

Give it some time. This happens to most of us in the beginning.

Joshua Slocum
Neal S said:

Pushing back greatly limits my ROM and I feel pressure behind the knee.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

That's the whole point :) As Mats said, give it time. Mobility is about slow, incremental progress.