One-arm False grip hang

Started by Flavio85, March 28, 2015 · 13 Replies · 6,565 Views

Flavio85

Hello guys, has anyone tried to get a one-arm false grip hang on rings? I can't find any video of this on youtube... I started training for it and I guess this is attainable, right?

Bipocni

I don't see why it wouldn't be. Let us know how it works out for you.

Jon Douglas

Can't imagine this would be a comfortable position to hold though...

ussjkenny

I've thought about doing this myself. Keep us up to date with your progress  :D

aiken54

Sounds like a good way to improve false grip strength. That being said, be hard on your self in terms of scapular depression. Personally, that's where I'm finding the most difficulty with one arm hangs.

Alessandro Mainente

for beginner is a good way to fry the elbows and improve epitrochleitis. seriously if you have previously completed RC F4 you can play with it, if not i do not suggest it.

Guest

I just did it and held it somewhat easily for ~10s on rings.

Coach Sommer
Awarenesss said:

I just did it and held it somewhat easily for ~10s on rings.

 

If it was easy, I doubt you did it correctly.  Video please.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

ussjkenny
Coach Sommer said:

If it was easy, I doubt you did it correctly.  Video please.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I on the other hand think if it was easy it would have been longer than 10 seconds  :huh:

Pafke

I want to see one arm muscle up attempt with false grip. :D

Bipocni
Paf said:

I want to see one arm muscle up attempt with false grip. :D

Pafke
Bipocni said:

I thought without kicking. :)

Guest

@ Coach Sommer,

 

My apologies, I should not have said easily. I held it with struggle for ~10s, although it was not an all-out effort.

 

I apologize for the vertical orientation of the video, it is the only way you can get my feet in the shot. I did this after my training session for the day, and will post another one when I am fresh, if that makes anyone feel better.

 

Alessandro Mainente

I suppose that during the hang all the rest of the body needs to be relaxed.