This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder internal rotaion mobility

Started by Tobias Akeblom, March 25, 2015 · 4 Replies · 186 Views

Tobias Akeblom

This might be slightly off topic but anyways.

 

I was at my physio today checking up my right shoulder which has been kind of irritated for the last weeks. The verdict was that I had terrible internal rotaion mobility in my shoulders. 

 

Is there any prefered mobility drills/stretches for this?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

all the hbp progressions and RC progression, talking about IM's, provide the necessary internal rotation strength.

Jon Douglas

I think most people into F3-4 HBP work are doing most or all of the IMs on a weekly basis at least. Don't neglect any mobility, but definitely not these :)

Tobias Akeblom

So I should go ahead and buy F3 and 4 just to get hold of the mobility even if I am at F1-2 at the moment?

Alessandro Mainente

F3-F4 for hbp cover the active mobility part to balance excessive internal rotation. Btw if you do not have necessary range of motion on the antagonist muscle the progress will be very slow. f1-f2 are more oriented to create range of motion for internal rotation, then f3-f4 prepare you to actively explore them.