This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unable to perform some TBs/Se

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 25, 2015 · 3 Replies · 238 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

I realized that a few elements are too hard for me.

More specifically:

1. TB/SE16 10 rep HS shoulder flexion press: I can't go in HS with hands close to the wall as it is shown in the video. Firstly I have to defeat the fear to get closer and closer ;), but the main problem is that  my lower back gets arched as I try to get closer to the wall. I guess this is due to lack of shoulder mobility (at least I think so).

I guess this is something I would be able to fix as I will progress on HS one elements. The problem is that Wall handstand is approciated as HS/PE7... and after almost 5 months I've been still workin on HS/PE1 :lol:. I don't expect to approach it in the next future.

 

2. all the elevated thoracic bridge elements (i.e. TBs/SE17 - TBs/SE19 - TBs/SE21). I can't at all lift up by pushing with my arms... I don't know if it is a lack of strenght or something else... :( Since Bridge mobility is covered in Foundation One, even in this case I guess to see progressess in future... But just like for wall handstand I don't expect to fix it soon.

 

What would you suggest me to do for both problems? Is there a way to make these elements easier? Or simply I could avoid them for now and approach them as I will progress on HS one and Front lever mobility?

 

Thank you All!

 

 

 

Krel

I don't think that Banana Handstand (arched lower back) is due to a lack of shoulder flexibility. I would say that it is mostly due to a lack of body awareness : you need to maintain the PPT in order to have a flat lower back.

 

Don't hesitate to use momentum in order to reach these static positions.

 

I'm currently not able to perform TBs/SE21 safely (lack of strength) thus I have substitued it for Handstand Wall Run for the moment.

Cole Dano

Are  you still working on HS/PE1 due to shoulder mobility issues? Is so then that is certainly the problem with  TB/SE16.

 

Walk in as close as you can without arching the lower back and work the flexion press very gradually, only adding a small amount of movement at first.

 

For the T Bridge elements try entering from a Back to Wall HS position with a comfortable amount of distance between you and the wall. At first you may just repeat TBs/SE17.

Alessandro Mainente

You can consider the idea of scale the movement by supporting your entire legs, on the shoulders there will be less stress then the normal handstand. by taking off the legs involvement you should avoid banana form. My brother actually is using it since he is working on the last H1 element before the wall hs. maybe C. Sommer has better suggestion.

 

post-1151-0-09543200-1427284913_thumb.pn