This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Shoulder extension form check please
Started by JDelage, March 25, 2015 · 12 Replies · 395 Views
On the right track, but this is not high enough.
How much weight are you using here? You would be better off going slightly lighter if it gives you a better ROM.
Like Jon said go lighter. I would also go wider (with your hands) until you get full rom.
I'm using 4kg.
JDelage said:I'm using 4kg.
What does your ROM look like with 2kg?
do not sacrifice rom for weight.
I'm not sure but a tip might be looking at the sky and trying to show your chest to it while maintaining PPT. Another thing I would add is getting the necessary passive flexibility for this drill.
Thanks everyone. I'll try with 2kg.
That looks pretty reasonable. Still need more ROM but you have the right idea.
as joshua said it is better, btw i'm noticing some elevation. my suggestion is bend over and pull the arms until 90° at shoulders is reached , then depress the shoulders and while holding the angle previously reached, lift the torso.
I've experimented especially with the kids an impressive unbalanced situation between upper and lower traps, this leads to the tendency of elevate the shoulder while lifting the bar. if you want to be sure of your balance, try to do some elevation and depression while holding the bar at 90°, ideally the hands should remain at the same height.
Is there any benefit in stretching with a captive bar (say, inside a squat rack)?
yes, dedicated stretch for extension could be very helpful, there are a couple of good way to improve it on stretch series and also all the advance IM's in foundation MANNA.