Need clarity on rep count for the Cossack Squat. I thought the rep count was total between both legs. Now I think it's for each leg but, can't find clarity on the new site.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Jasson
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jasson Zurilgen, March 24, 2015 · 8 Replies · 290 Views
Need clarity on rep count for the Cossack Squat. I thought the rep count was total between both legs. Now I think it's for each leg but, can't find clarity on the new site.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Jasson
Go up and down 10 times (5r each side).
If mastery is 5rep per side for each round, then last deload is 3r one side and 2r other side per round
?
Alternate which leg you start on at the beginning of each set.
Or round up/down to keep it even.
Ok, thanks. I've been doing way too many reps.
Just to be clear, that would be the same with the Seated Russian Twist? A total of 30 reps for mastery and not 30 reps each side, correct?
Yes.
Oh, fuck... Just now I found out I've been doing 30 Russian Twists on EACH side. Now I know why it felt so out of this world!
Iguanus said:Oh, fuck... Just now I found out I've been doing 30 Russian Twists on EACH side. Now I know why it felt so out of this world!
You and me both, although the cossacks aren't too bad. The RTs got pretty tough doing 30/side.
Stubborn me. I been in this forum before, but said to myself that the legs can handle huge rep range for they are the strongest muscles. But I think I know why the rep range is so low. Looking through other GB forums, about Cossack Squat, I see high rep range can cause irritation to the groin area. I felt discomfort last week and this week (Mastery). So I'll be doing 10 reps total vs. doing 10 on each side.