This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progression to Side-to-side squats and counting reps

Started by geoguy, March 24, 2015 · 4 Replies · 257 Views

geoguy

2 Questions for you all

I've been researching the forums to get my question answered, as to how to count the reps for this element, but I seem to have found some confounding answers.  My judgement is, when the mastery information says 10r per side, they mean I drop down to the left and go to the right (1r right side) back to the left (1r left side) back right... until I reach the 10r per side.  In other words after I drop down I switch sides 20 times.  Is that correct?

 

My current conundrum is, however, whether to start PE3 at all.  I do the PE2 and its iM just fine, but when I am out and about have some knee pain on the outside when going down stairs (or if I put my knee to the floor).  I can't say it is the PE2 SLS for sure, since during the  same time I figured out how to best do the swivel hips for mastery, by changing my form, so it could be that.  The pain I feel is on the top of the ball of bone that come from the lower leg bone (down and outside of the knee cap with the knees bent).

 

Thanks guys

Murray Truelove

Each time you move from one side to another is a rep.

I wouldn't move on till you're pain free. Take a week or two off and see if the pain goes away, if it does reintroduce PE2 and see if that causes the pain to come back. If after two weeks or reintroducing PE2 you still have pain seek professional help

Coach Sommer

Reduce ROM until you are pain free and then from that point gradually begin increasing ROM over the next few months.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

geoguy
Coach Sommer said:

Reduce ROM until you are pain free and then from that point gradually begin increasing ROM over the next few months.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

During the exercises themselves I feel no pain, so I'm not sure which of the three is the culprit, but I will give it a shot for all of them (and maybe for the twisting squats just do less reps)

Coach Sommer

Cut your current ROM in half on your twisting and inside squats and see how you feel.  You may have proceeded forward to rapidly.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer