This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE4 form check

Started by Daniel Stephan, March 23, 2015 · 6 Replies · 135 Views

Daniel Stephan

Hello!

I've started working on PE4 and wanted to know if I'm doing this the right way.

 

 

Feedback is very welcome!

Jeremy Huston

You should be using a bar to keep your hands at a constant width.  And pull your hands back to your hips at the end of the set.

thecolin

It looks like you're bending your legs to get your lower back to the ground. You want to work towards straight legs completely on the ground while rotating your hips and activating your glutes.

 

If your pause the video at 28 seconds, that's about the body line you want for the arms and legs. You need to improve your shoulder flexion and stretch out your hip flexors to get your back flat while maintaining that line.

Alessandro Mainente

My suggestion is the following for the legs problem:

-both legs bend

then

-one legs extended

the

-both legs extended

this will ensure gradual adaptation for visceral muscles.

Daniel Stephan

Thanks for the answers!

@ Jeremy: I didn't use a bar, because when I add weight plates, they hit the floor when overhead. I'll string those plates together to keep the width constant.

@ Colin: I've wondered, if I strongly ppt, my hamstrings come off the floor because of the upward pelvis rotation, can this also be fixed by stretching hip flexors or is this normal to happen?

@ Alex: Thanks, I will use this for progressions!

Awesssss

Not using a bar might lead your hands to slide out. If using a bar with weight plates might interfere with your rom I would suggest you to simply hold a bar with the weight plates lying on it, so you are holding the plates aswell. Also, you should squeeze your glutes if you're not doing so already.

thecolin
Daniel Stephan said:

Thanks for the answers!

@ Jeremy: I didn't use a bar, because when I add weight plates, they hit the floor when overhead. I'll string those plates together to keep the width constant.

@ Colin: I've wondered, if I strongly ppt, my hamstrings come off the floor because of the upward pelvis rotation, can this also be fixed by stretching hip flexors or is this normal to happen?

@ Alex: Thanks, I will use this for progressions!

 

Yes, loosening your hip flexors and quads will fix that.

 

Try lying on a raised surface like a bed/table or something similar, that way you can use a fixed bar with added weight.