This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE4 PPT?

Started by adimi24, March 23, 2015 · 3 Replies · 105 Views

adimi24

I'm a bit confused about this exercise. I read some other threads and saw that the key is the hands and ribs pulling in opposite directions.

 

My question is about the lower back. Is it okay to use a posterior pelvic tilt to achieve this (only way I can)? When doing so, my glutes, hamstrings, and calves lift off the floor. I notice that the demonstrator's legs seem to stay on the ground, or at least his calves do. Am I doing this wrong, any suggestions?

Jeremy Huston

Feet in the air or bent knees are both acceptable at the beginning.  Mastery requires everything on the floor with straight legs.

thecolin

You want a posterior pelvic tilt on all of these progressions. With a strong enough pelvic tilt you should still be able to get everything on the floor even while fully contracting the glutes.

Awesssss
thecolin said:

You want a posterior pelvic tilt on all of these progressions. With a strong enough pelvic tilt you should still be able to get everything on the floor even while fully contracting the glutes.

For this I would like to add that you need hip and quad flexibility.