This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2>iM form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 22, 2015 · 9 Replies · 355 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

Here's a video of my static standing shoulder extension...

I'm not at all convinced about my form.

1. I've been trying to keep PPT, but I see my lower back a bit arched. What do you think? Actually this is my best... :(

2. my head looks a bit forward, is it a mistake?

3. what about my scapula? I read they must be kept retracted and depressed... does it look like that in the video?

I would appreciate if you see any other mistake!

Thank you!

 

 

 

sashok

"scapula retracted" this means to bring shoulder blades together? In the video looks like you protract the scapula.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
sashok said:

"scapula retracted" this means to bring shoulder blades together? In the video looks like you protract the scapula.

Maybe it is Better if I put camera from behind my back as well.

Btw, the main problem I guess I have to deal with is lower back arching. Should I be able to fix it simply keeping PPT?

Alessandro Mainente

Retraction provides more benefits for manna then for hs, look for neutral positioning, if you stay with neutral upper back and flat lower back you simply cannot retract with full range of motion because retraction needs open chest (e.g. development of manna IM's).

basically you need to use less weight and increase the grip, notice that mobility is not a maximal effort but a progressive gain.

more in depth for this element there is no reason to use more weight and less extension. the exercise provides benefit of active mobility if it is executed at 90° of extension. so reduce the resistance in order to reach the 90° of extension.

chuchodani

Could you please show us your FL/PE2>iM ? In my experience that iM is a direct reflection of this one. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi Guys!

Here I post an attempt of HS/PE2>iM.

 

 

 

As you can see I have to widen grip at that distance and the weight is only 1.25 kg. I know I have to spend a huge time on this element :D .

Anyway, how do you find my form? Is it performed correctly?

Thanks to all!

chuchodani

Looks good to me ! Now work on bringing your hand closer. I'm my opinion you can do it with your hand a little bit closer, it looks effortless, if you're not feeling any discomfort bring them closer while keeping perfect form.

Alessandro Mainente

Can you post a view from the back?

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Alessandro Mainente said:

Can you post a view from the back?

Alessandro, as you requested here's a post from a back view!

I tried to perform it 5 times and pretty much the form was the same:

 

 

I notice that for the all 5 sets the right hand was slightly higher than the left one... Maybe this is the reason why you asked about back view...

So what about my form?

Thnak you!!

Alessandro Mainente

Now you understand with i've asked for a back view, control the single shoulders depression to avoid asymmetric work.