This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Running Man Variations?

Started by morlando, March 22, 2015 · 8 Replies · 220 Views

morlando

Hey Everybody!

 

Love the group and everything that goes along with it.  

 

 

Quick question.  I am starting the PE2 next week and noticed the Straddle Running Man.  Unfortunately, I don't think I have anything to straddle at my current gym.  Any suggestions as to what I can supplement this with?

 

 

Cory Fair
morlando said:

Hey Everybody!

 

Love the group and everything that goes along with it.  

 

 

Quick question.  I am starting the PE2 next week and noticed the Straddle Running Man.  Unfortunately, I don't think I have anything to straddle at my current gym.  Any suggestions as to what I can supplement this with?

 

Plyobox, aerobic steps stacked several tall, weight bench are all items that will work and can be found in many gyms and work just fine on this iM. :)

Jon Douglas

Yeah, I've done kitchen table, because you can hold onto the sides. Park bench/table is also fine.

Awesssss

What you could do is also lay flat on your stomach on the floor, straddle your legs and lift them up.

Jon Douglas
Hollow Man said:

What you could do is also lay flat on your stomach on the floor, straddle your legs and lift them up.

This is definitely a long way better than nothing, but is obviously not ideal as it will limit your ROM at the bottom :)

Awesssss
Jon Douglas said:

This is definitely a long way better than nothing, but is obviously not ideal as it will limit your ROM at the bottom :)

But if you hold it at the top, it will be like holding the top postion of the last im of straddle planche with extended legs. This will also make sure your rom is above parallel as you are lying on the floor. :)

 

Anyways, this drill has helped me activate my right glute which helped me with single leg squats as my whole body used to track inwards whne standing on my right foot. The first time you do this, you will probably cramp a lot!

morlando

Great, thanks for all the replies.

trw

There's got to be something in the gym to straddle on. Forget the intended purpose of objects, as long as it's tall enough, stable enough, and relatively flat you're good to go.

morlando

Would be nice if there were more gymnastic gyms around.