This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wall Runs: Warm-Up or Day

Started by Sean Hunter, March 21, 2015 · 6 Replies · 243 Views

Sean Hunter

Do you keep wall-runs in your HS warm-up or do you have a separate day to train them?

 

If it's on a separate day, do you just do 60r or do you go by time (ex: as many as possible in 5mins)?

 

Thanks

Helgi

I thought I could do them as warm up during my HS days. I was going for max time in one set.

 

However, it made me way too tired, so I moved it to the end of SL/MN/SLS foundation session.

Jeremy Huston

I do a single set of 30 reps in my HS warmup.  This seems to be a good balance between warming up, maintaining the strength/skill, but not doing too much to decrease my performance on the real work.  I intend to gradually increase this as I progress through further HS elements.  

Awesssss

I am sure that mastery requires you to be able to do 5 sets of 60 reps with short rest. A single set of 30, itsn't it too little? You should be able to do at least 60 reps?

ausswe

Could you just add a 10 minute countdown and do what you can in that time after hs practice? Until you build up o 10 solid minutes of it

ausswe

Regardless of the 10 minute thing why wouldn't you just add them at the end of a hs workout? Assuming you mastered them already

Jeremy Huston
Hollow Man said:

I am sure that mastery requires you to be able to do 5 sets of 60 reps with short rest. A single set of 30, itsn't it too little? You should be able to do at least 60 reps?

The goal of a warmup isn't to do as much as possible.  It is to do as much as necessary to warm up without negatively affecting performance in the real work.  30 reps seems to be perfect for me right now -- my shoulders are nice and warm, but I still have the strength to tackle wrist wall handstands (which are surprisingly hard).

 

Consider 30 reps is a full set of PE8 as my warmup for my work at PE11.  By the time I get to SE1, I should be doing a full 60 rep set of PE10 in my warmup.