Manna

Started by Guest, March 21, 2015 · 6 Replies · 2,166 Views

Guest

Right now this is where I'm at for Manna training: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjK_mQ0l89Q (my apologies for the language, I was very excited). As you can see, I definitely still need strength and balance in that position, but it's a work in progress.

 

Currently for Manna training, I'm working MSH for 10 minutes (Coach Sommer's recommendation) 3x a week. An average day would be ~8 sets of 10s MSH up on first knuckle with legs not in contact with hips, and ~60s of rest. I work pike and pancake mobility and compression 3x a week. I follow a full body routine 3x a week, as well. I'm 17, 155lb/70.5kg, and 5'10/178cm. I formerly trained under Foundation, but no longer. I realize that is the advice I am likely to get, but is there anything else? I also include German Hangs in my training, and am going to implement "weighted shoulder flex pulls" soon.

 

For those who have experience training Manna or the knowledge behind what generally works, what would you suggest? And how close am I to the actual Manna? If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them. Thank you!

 

chuchodani

LOL. I really enjoyed the final.

gbsj

I was going to suggest legs up the wall for time but your video shows your beyond that!

 

I gotta say I love the ending too  :)

Guest

Bump

Alessandro Mainente

the biggest mistake here is that the shoulders are tilted forward, this reveals lack of retraction that is by far the cue point to develop the necessary space between arms and upper body in order to pass with the torso.

aiken54
alex87 said:

the biggest mistake here is that the shoulders are tilted forward, this reveals lack of retraction that is by far the cue point to develop the necessary space between arms and upper body in order to pass with the torso.

This is the primary reason my manna training has not progressed past my profile picture. 

 

What exercises would you suggest to build the requisite strength to adequately retract the shoulder? Short of redoing all the prior progressions. 

Euan

I find reverse planks pretty good for retraction work.  BtGB outlines the Middle Split Hold progressions which are essential for manna work and require retraction too.