This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1/H1 WRS/Deck squats

Started by Fathia Clay, March 20, 2015 · 4 Replies · 159 Views

Fathia Clay

Hello all, I'm brand new and am so excited to start this program.  However, I have a couple of questions to which I am unable to find any links/help in this forum.
1. I've been trying to find WRS #1-4. What are they? where can I find the movements?

2. Deck squat: I am able to bring my knees to chest but I have a really hard time gettiing up.  I must use my hands to push me forward.  What can I do to alleviate this issue?

Thank you all :)

Joshua Slocum

1. Wrist exercises are in Handstand 1, not Foundation 1. 

2. It's hard to give good advice without a video. Post a form-check video! One common way of making the deck squat easier is to elevate the surface that you're rolling on, which makes it easier to get your weight over your feet. 

Nick Roy

As a blind statement without seeing your form. Only tips I can say is get a good roll going backwards so you can really kick forward. When your feet hit the floor make sure your heels are tucked to your butt.

sean

As has been said, I used a more elevated surface to get used to the movement to start( i.e. bunch of mats stacked high). If you can perform the movement with just your hands as a helper off the ground for now I think your doing not bad. Many others, myself included, have to get help by holding a weighted object in front to stand. Since your brand new, keep at it for a while and see if proficiency changes for the better. Success is not measured in weeks here it seems ;) 

 

Last is what has been suggested already and that is to video yourself and compare to course vids. I have done this often myself and sometimes can see where I'm going wrong as self correction. Failing that you can post a vid to the forums asking for assistance. Coaches here are very helpful with their suggestions. Welcome to the club :)

Jon Douglas

Also making the negative nice and slow will.often help clean up form. Tuck right in, and make the roll back as.smooth as possible.