Human Flag form check

Started by Sirdejavu, March 20, 2015 · 5 Replies · 1,944 Views

Sirdejavu

Hi,

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzY8RPZ6OOE/

 

I am 86kg 5'10.

 

Sorry about the bad lighting.

 

The last time I tried this I could do 4 seconds 6 weeks ago. Now I just tried again today and can do 10 seconds with the current form I am using.

 

Any advice on my form, and how I can strengthen my obliques for these are very welcome - I feel my core is limiting the hold time.

 

I was also wondering if being more flexible in the obliques helps, I am very tight on my side bend stretch.

 

I know that the front lever pull after the human flag has too much pike, don't train those either and just tried for fun, but any advice is welcome as well on that!

 

Thanks very much in advance for any feedback.

Bipocni

Video broken.

Bipocni
Hollow Man said:

Video is not broken. He posted two links, one connecting to youtube and the other one to his video in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzY8RPZ6OOE/

Ah thank you. Wasn't working on my phone for some reason.

Bipocni

OP:

Can't comment on the quality of your flag, but I do have to ask what possessed you to post a form check wearing all black clothes, with a black background, at night?

Front lever looks pretty piked. Might want to step it back a progression or two and learn to do it with properly flat hips.

Bench press was done with too much momentum. You need to learn to lower slowly under control, pause at the bottom and then push back up. Should be three distinct phases, not one.

Jon Douglas

Yeah, kinda hard to see....

Flag is close, but

1) Top arm appears to bend a bit (could be video unclear)

2) Not completely horizontal at the shoulders (note your right shoulder creeps forward of your left. Lets you stack it up more on the bottom arm rather than balancing the push/pull. Which means the flag itself is just a little high)

Your hands are also a bit too wide for my preference, but you look comfortable there, so that might not cause you any issues.

 

Front lever is definitely worth stepping back and ironing up some basics. Looks like your back is plenty strong enough but you need a little more straight-body-focused core strength. That's easy to fix :)

 

Are these quite new skills for you? If they are I would say the flag especially is going well but as you get closer to the full move, smaller details become more and more important. Now is the best time to clean them up to get the most out of it :)

Good work so far though.