This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Re ask : side to side squat, SLS/PE3, Slipping hips

Started by Hanlim Lee, March 20, 2015 · 5 Replies · 172 Views

Hanlim Lee

I re post this because there is no replies after a month. 


 


 


 


my hips slip to the side when I sit down.  & I cannot sit down deep enough. it hurts too much. 


 


I had this problem since PE2.


 


in the demo video, hips look neutral.


 


I believe this is a common problem rooted from horrible rigidity of hip joints. 


 


 


what should I do to fix it? 


john_c

How did you fix it in PE2 ?

Keilani Gutierrez

you'd do this like you'd do a squat, you'd sit back into APT keeping your back reasonably straight, not so much rounding and then you switch from side to side while pressing the hips backwards. it takes some getting used to, I had to focus heavily on the position my knees faced and my glutes would get pretty tired.  have you filmed these? can you provide a link if you have? maybe we can get you sorted if we saw what was going on

Alexander Egebak

One thing that might help would be to let the knees point the same way as your feet while descending and ascending

Jon Douglas

Please provide a video; I cannot visualise your problem :)

Hanlim Lee
Jon Douglas said:

Please provide a video; I cannot visualise your problem :)

here is the video. took almost a week to load...  lol

 

https://youtu.be/-kO7zyPqe-g

 

 

#1. 

what I mean by slipping hips is that when I get down, my hips turn or rotate, getting close to a supporting leg. 

 

I think they should be kept neutral, no turning or rotating to either a straight, locked out leg or a supporting leg.

 

 

#2. Am I sitting deep enough, compared to mastery? 

 

 

#3. Does pelvic tilt matters here? If it does, which is correct, PAT or PPT?