This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

weekly schedule

Started by Bruno Cochofel, March 20, 2015 · 10 Replies · 440 Views

Bruno Cochofel

Hi, I will start working on the stretch series and I'm already working on Foundation and HS. My question is about the schedule I've planned...

Mon, Wed and Fri morning each on of the stretch series.

Tue and Thu morning HS

Mon and Wed afternoon F7

I also train 1 or 2 times per week on a climbing gym and on the weekends I will rock climb every time I can.

Does this seem like a good schedule to incorporate F, Hs and stretch series?

The,

Bruno

Murray Truelove

Looks pretty solid, run it for a few weeks and see how you respond.

BeanLion

Supposedly it's better to do stretch after F7 but might not be possible for you.

 

I'm having a similar dilemma. At the minute I'm going for F7 Monday & Friday lunch, stretch M evening, W lunch, F evening and then HS T & T lunch. 

Murray Truelove

I do:

Mon: F1a | Bouldering

Tue: REST DAY

Wed: F1b | S:MS

Thu: H1

Fri: F1a

Sat: F1b | S:FS

Sun: H1+S:TB

The "|" indicates a AM-PM split.

Sensei JP

I believe you are not supposed to do Stretch before Foundation work if both are done in the same session.  So if you are going to the gym for 90min or whatever, make sure the order is F7 -> Stretch, not the other way around.  With half the day separating the elements, though, I don't think it's a problem.  Perhaps not ideal, but not a problem.

 

I do skill work (kicks, cartwheels, jumps etc) on Sundays after my Middle Split session, about four hours separate the two events.  It actually feels great.  My legs are super-loose and my kicks feel effortless.  I've had no ill effects so far from training this way.

Bruno Cochofel

I guess i can toggle F7 with stretch series on Mon and Thu but I don't know how much time I need to do F7 in the morning before work..

Jon Douglas

It's hard to answer exactly until you know what your time limits are. It's certainly a good schedule you have planned out there, but it will be kind of demanding. If you climb very hard, or if time is short, for example, you might want to break the F workouts up as splits are often easier to manage.

Best option is to try it, but be prepared to make changes. Life happens :)

trw

Might as well try it out, right? No one's going to know better than you what schedule works best. That said, one day of rest between F7 days hardly seems like enough to me. You might be different, but I would need at least two days. Prioritizing strength means prioritizing rest.

Bruno Cochofel

Thanks for the tips. I will try and see how it feels :)

Alessandro Mainente

I would do the thoracic series after the climbing. The reason is simply that climbing motions restrict the ability to open the spine through extension! I do not have personal feedback but I'm following a team of free climbing, speed climbing and boulder athletes. They simply have no thoracic mobility and poor extension. So imagine the effect of climbing on 7-9 y old kids who have elastic tissue and then on an adult. The best thing to do is balance strongly the deficit after your training.

Bruno Cochofel

Thx for the tip alex87.. I will follow that.

About the stretch series, what kind of warm-up can be done before that follow along video? Or does the first part of the video serves as a warm-up?