This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 Don't get it

Started by extend, March 20, 2015 · 3 Replies · 217 Views

extend

Hello

 

I don't get the knees right up on the arms. I only get one knee on one arm, right oder left knee it's the same. I'm only shaking around, but i don't get the other knee on the arm.

For now i do the same exercise only with straight legs and the foot bales on the ground. I think it will come with a little bit more experience. But i want to know if it's good to make this or should i make another exercise?

And the second question:

Is it correct, that i think, in the correct tripod position most of the weight is on the head and the hands are more for balancing?

Because i have the feelings, that i want subconsciously more weight on the hands, than on my head. Maybe a psychological thing.

 

An answer with simple english, would be superb B-)

Mats Trane

One of the guys I'm helping with H1/F1 had a similar issue. So I got him to use a wall. Set yourself up with you stomach facing the wall. Do the exercise like in the video but have the wall assist your feet to keep your balance. With time go further from the wall until you don't need it anymore.

Pafke
extend said:

And the second question:

Is it correct, that i think, in the correct tripod position most of the weight is on the head and the hands are more for balancing?

Because i have the feelings, that i want subconsciously more weight on the hands, than on my head. Maybe a psychological thing.

For correct tripod position your bodyweight should be saparated equally on your hands and on your head. :)

extend

It works very well with the wall. Thanks for that tip.

 

And thanks to Paf too.

When the foot bales are on the ground, it feels harder to find the right spot, to balance the weight on all three points evenly. I couldn't imagine the feeling before, with the weight on all three points evenly, so i was thinking, on one point must be more weight. With the wall as a helper, i feel the weight on all three points evenly. Great feeling.

 

Thanks for the help :)