Front Pull Form check

Started by Yetibruh, March 20, 2015 · 8 Replies · 1,713 Views

Yetibruh

 

Hello, 

 

I have recently just started working on these, where can I improve?

 

 

Also do these work the biceps or the lats more?

 

Thank you,

 

Yeti

chuchodani

You need more PPT, point your toes, and straight those legs. Keep working !

Coach Sommer

That is not a Front Pull.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Dylan Robertson

These are Front Lever Pulls, or also known as Ice Cream Makers. Slizzardman (Joshua Naterman) has a video on the difference between the two on his YouTube channel.

Coach Sommer

Nor are these front lever pulls; the body remains straight at all times during FL pulls.  These are a hybrid combination of cranks and front lever pulls.

 

Sounds like you are not to blame however, Josh has a long history of getting exercises confused.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Guest

Joshua has the correct form of Front Lever Pulls in said video, rather Dylan incorrectly named them.

Dylan Robertson

I do not know the proper name of these, I have always called this movement Ice Cream Makers. Sorry for the false info.

B1214N
Dylan Robertson said:

I do not know the proper name of these, I have always called this movement Ice Cream Makers. Sorry for the false info.

What Joshua did in his video were front lever pulls (aka ice cream makers) and front pulls, but the ones shown in the OP video are a different variation of front lever pulls that are a combination of that and cranks as what Coach said so it shouldn't use the same name.

Jon Douglas

Yeah, closer to front lever pulls with the addition of the hanging l.

Will definitely work your lats more, in terms of growing and strengthening them, but I do find that my biceps get tired first. Static tension.