Hello! Check my form please!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by sashok, March 19, 2015 · 14 Replies · 222 Views
Hello! Check my form please!
sashok,
Looking good! It is a little hard to tell, but are your elbows fully locked?
Also, if you shoot from the front are your hands directly under your shoulders?
Finally, do you feel the weight about 1" in from the wrist where the Handstand getting started states that the wight shoulde be?
Also, how far are your wrists from the wall?
Looking forward to your progress, I am pretty close to the same progression.
How is the PE9>iM form?
gbsj said:sashok,
Looking good! It is a little hard to tell, but are your elbows fully locked?
Also, if you shoot from the front are your hands directly under your shoulders?
Finally, do you feel the weight about 1" in from the wrist where the Handstand getting started states that the wight shoulde be?
Also, how far are your wrists from the wall?
Looking forward to your progress, I am pretty close to the same progression.
How is the PE9>iM form?
Thanks!
1) Yes, they are locked.
2) and 3) I'll check it tomorrow.
4)10-11 cm from the wall.
PE9>iM form
Oh oh! the PE9>iM form video is private :-(
gbsj said:Oh oh! the PE9>iM form video is private :-(
Sorry, already fixed)
I think my elbows should be directed to the sides rather than forward
Elbows to the side and hands turned out slightly and wider than shoulders is how the gymnast performs in the video.
However, in the Handstand Intro Article on alignment states:
"For a clean effortless handstand all of the major joints of the body must be “stacked”. Stacked simply means that each major joint is stacked immediately above the other. Thus the feet are placed directly above the knees, which are directly above the hips, which are directly above the shoulders, which are directly above the elbows, which are directly above the wrists."
The question of the elbows facing each other or forward seems dependent on shoulder rotation. I did not find any guidance on shoulder rotation yet...
Today I want to try again
sashok said:I think my elbows should be directed to the sides rather than forward
No need to worry about this right now ![]()
Do you have hyperextension in your elbows? It looks like you have a slightly closed shoulder angle (not much) and it seems like it may be from this.
It would also be better to see a front-shot video. It looks to me like your elevation is not great there, but it's hard to tell from the side.
Jon Douglas said:
Do you have hyperextension in your elbows?
I don't know, maybe)
Here is the front-shot video:
Please tell me, am I doing this exercise right? And if I could move to the next exercise. Thanks!
can we see the mobility?
alex87 said:can we see the mobility?
It's good!
alex87 said:It's good!
This means that I can move on PE10? ![]()