Hip flexor pain during straddle L/Middle split hold

Started by gunslinger_burrito, March 19, 2015 · 0 Replies · 2,508 Views

gunslinger_burrito

I started training both straddle Ls (on parallettes, legs are still bent at this point) and middle split hold for future manna work. Mostly when working the MSH and only sometimes with the straddle L I get what feels similar to a cramp in the front of my right hip. Only it feels less like a cramp and almost more like a pulled muscle. My front splits are pretty awful, if that affects this at all. Also, I did a LOT of Kung fu in the past and to this day if I'm stretching my hips a lot my right hip likes to lock up, forcing me to do a side leg lift to pop it.

Some days the MSH isn't so bad, but others I do one or two sets of 10 seconds and it gets that weird pain. It's not debilitating though, and goes away as soon as I get up and walk around a bit. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!