This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/Pe3 Initial Form Check/Input

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, March 19, 2015 · 2 Replies · 119 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

As a disclaimer I know that my Pseudo Planche Pushups are not yet up to snuff to pass for mastery, but I'm just posting to hopefully gain some useful insight on the best course of action to most quickly improve on them. Would it be worth my while to first improve my planche lean with these pushups (and then add repetitions) or to first improve my protraction/depression/hollow body (and then add repetitions)? I know that in the end I'll have to combine both elements, but breaking it down into one part and then the other seems easier in my eyes. This is considering the fact that I increased my lean only marginally, literally only one "phalange" or section of my finger, and completing the 3x2 reps was pretty tough. Thus, I give you my take on the Pseudo Planche Pushup. Any input/advice is welcome.

 

LateStarter@46

I would first get your body behaving like a plank of wood - completely rigid. At the moment it looks like you are doing an upper body press up rather than whole body press up. You are starting too close to the wall too, which is making you bend downwards rather than plank downwards.

Sean Hunter

It's supposed to look like a push-up and a planche lean combined. Forward angled forearms at the bottom. You're doing some weird head bend push-up. 

 

Re-watch the video. And improving my planche leans helped me the most with this movement.