This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist weights for shoulder dislocates and PE5

Started by Awesssss, March 19, 2015 · 5 Replies · 139 Views

Awesssss

I was wondering if wearing wrist weights (2x1,5kg) would work just as putting weight plates?

 

So basically instead of putting weight plates on my stick, I just hold the stick with my wrist weights on my hands? Weird question perhaps.

 

And in PE5, lifting stick with my wrist weights on?

Bipocni

Put the wrist weights on the stick. That's what I do.

Awesssss

Now that I think about this, it was a stupid question. Haha.

 

But thanks for replying. :)

JDelage

Not so stupid, it's a good idea actually. I'm doing dislocates with a band because my wrists are bothering me otherwise. That would allow me to add weight.

Joshua Slocum

It's not going to be quite the same resistance. 10# on your wrists might be equivalent to something like 8# on the stick due to the better leverage. I wouldn't loose sleep over it, but increasing target weight slightly would be in order. 

 

Also, I don't know if you'd be able to work up to 45# with wrist weights :P

Jon Douglas
Bipocni said:

Put the wrist weights on the stick. That's what I do.

This :)