This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warming Up

Started by aiken54, March 19, 2015 · 5 Replies · 304 Views

aiken54

Okay so I'm on F1 for some things and F4 for others, but this seems to be the most heavily trafficked foundation forum so I will post this here. 

 

A relatively basic question I should have asked a long time ago:

 

Do I warm up each progression individually (warm up(FL) - FL work sets - warm up(sPL) - sPL work sets, etc.), or do all of my warm up at once at the beginning of the workout? Until now I have been doing the latter. 

Bipocni

Both. You should do a general warmup consisting of progressions you still feel are worth your focus, as well as some mobility/joint prep stuff, and then move into specific warmups for each exercise which will consist of the progressions immediately before it, or otherwise deserving of being a specific warmup.

It's hard to say exactly what any one person will need in terms of a warmup, but there should be both a general and a specific element to it.

aiken54

So I do a general warm up consisting of progressions I still feel are worth my focus, then do specific warm up for my first exercise?

 

Do you mean:

 

General than specific then work sets

 

- or - 

 

General followed by warm up - work sets - warm up - work sets, and so on

Jon Douglas

This tends to be a preference thing. I formerly did option b, but right at the moment I am doing a. Progress with both :)

Mad Grappler

I am wondering the same thing. I was thinking that a general warmup consisting of quadrupedal movements for 10 minutes would suffice. I will work with both methods as I progress through the coursework.

Bipocni

I've heard some people get mad gains from basic crawling workouts. Personally I don't have time for it, but I'd be interested to hear your results.