Hello!
I did my first 3x6 seconds of PE5 today. I managed to lift off a wodden dowel with 2,5kg on it, while pulling my ribs in and lifting my belly of the floor. Really felt it in my traps.
What weight is ideal to this exercise?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Awesssss, March 18, 2015 · 7 Replies · 162 Views
Hello!
I did my first 3x6 seconds of PE5 today. I managed to lift off a wodden dowel with 2,5kg on it, while pulling my ribs in and lifting my belly of the floor. Really felt it in my traps.
What weight is ideal to this exercise?
What weight did YOU use?
I used 2.5kg for 5x20s. I'm not officially on this element yet but that felt like a good starting weight.
Do you also lift your belly of the ground? I do that, and I also tried hollowing my chest so only my chin was touching the ground. I failed miserably. I suppse you need a base (chest on floor) in order to lift.
Anyways, this feels like a great preparation exercise for the handstand. Not too sure if 2,5kg is ideal.
Not sure about the belly, I focused on squeezing the glutes, tucking the ribs in and lifting the weight as far away from me as I could, trying to cover my ears with my shoulders.
Murray Truelove said:Not sure about the belly, I focused on squeezing the glutes, tucking the ribs in and lifting the weight as far away from me as I could, trying to cover my ears with my shoulders.
Basically if you do a correct PPT your belly will come of the floor. It's an inverted version of the supine floor drills, where you do PPT your lower back will come closer to the floor so in the inverted version your lower back will come closer to the roof and the belly off the floor.
definitely belly in makes the exercise harder, also do not push with your head but with your chin on the floor and look forward.
alex87 said:definitely belly in makes the exercise harder, also do not push with your head but with your chin on the floor and look forward.
Yes, the chin on the floor and look through your eyebrows. ![]()
Alex, what weight do you recommend?