This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unbeatable cramps on SLS SE2 iM

Started by Iguanus, March 18, 2015 · 6 Replies · 212 Views

Iguanus

Guys, I'm having a nice time with these. PE is fair enough, not hard to get 30s. But since the very first rep of the iM, I get severe cramps on the back of the legs. It cripples me severely and I just can't keep going with the rep.

 

I know I don't bridge as much as the model, and that's probably why I try to lift by the end (instead of all along) the rep.

 

What can I try to avoid these? My guesses are based on the premise I'm either not neurally adapted or muscular enough, so:

- Bridge with two legs reducing legs input (there's a bid difference on the bridge angle from this iM and the previous 2-legged one)

- Scale down iM to the point of no cramps (don't rise to fullest)

- Grease the groove daily for 1 rep a few times a day (until the point of no cramps)

- Try variant on medicine ball

 

I do a very similar exercise on Pilates, but using rings instead of floor. Could it be that rings work for stability and pull are so very different from the traction to pull along the floor?

 

Note: the floor seems good enough for doing planche leans, as my support slides gently. But on this exercise, probably due to the huge load on feet, it doesn't slide very smoothly.

Jeremy Huston

Don't you mean SLS/SE2 IM.

 

Go with "Scale down iM to the point of no cramps (don't rise to fullest)"

 

From the course:

"Remember that mobility is not a maximal strength endeavor, but one of slow and steady progress.  Do not be concerned if your range of motion does not initially match that of the video.  As you train this over one or more programming blocks, your body will naturally adapt."

Iguanus

Thanks, Jeremy. Corrected the tittle =)

 

Will try it on next WO. Called it a day when cramps started taking close to a minute to be quiet.

dritar

It gets better :). From this point all, all SLS iM will give you cramps for the first times.

Stefano Baral

I would scale down the exercise, maybe starting with a static version with the leg flexed only at angles that don't cause pain and holding the non working leg bent near the chest.

Iguanus

Thanks, guys. I will grease the groove with scaled down (one day static, other dynamic) and see how it goes =)

Iguanus

Folks, just a little update. Scaling down the movement (way less rising on bridge) did help a lot for getting those cramps out. It's still a lot of effort to pull with one leg on bridge, but I can already do the whole ROM and started increasing the chest elevation without as much suffering. Partial and progressive bending is proving effective =)