This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche Lean check

Started by Lukas Stamm, March 18, 2015 · 10 Replies · 207 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Lukas Stamm said:

I've already tried the ePL for a few weeks, but didn't make good progress, so I went back to the normal Planche Lean.

I think it doesn't look right, but cant find the missing spot. Can you help out please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8W_i2AMakw&feature=youtu.be

I am not expert, but I've been working on planche lean too! Wait comments of more expert guys, but I can tell you some tips.

In order to set up the correct form I do this way. Firstly I retract my scapula, then I depressed them (activating my lats), and finally I protract them. I also tell myself to fully extend my legs, squeezing my gluteus, and to maintain PPT.

Then I start to lean, focusing to keep in mind all these points. [emoji4]

It looks like you're losing progressively protraction as you lean. That's the hardest part of this element! So I think you did well to turn back to PE5. The goal of 5 sets of 30 secs with good form is very hard!

They always suggested me to firstly focus on keeping scapula protraction and depression, instead of leaning. Don't worry if in the beginning you can't keep proper form if you lean with hands just in front of the hips. You can lower your lean and strenght will come step by step.

If you can, work having at your side a mirror, or continue to record yourself.

Awesssss

For mastery you need to place your hands next to hips, (while you maybe not being strong enough) a tip is to lay on your stomach on the floor with your feets against a wall, then place your hands next to hip. Now rise up with your hands on that spot and prepare to lean forward. This will force you to lean as much as mastery requires, and with your feet against the wall you won't be able to slide backwards.

Awesssss

Also your ppt is lacking. Doing PPT drills will help you.

Lukas Stamm

Than you VERY much so far,

i will try everything on Friday, and update, if there is any progress.

Lukas Stamm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3DSkJuVp8

Are my hands placed next to the Hip? I tried to Increase the Forward lean the last 1 or 2 Seconds. Would this be enough?

Also i still need to Improve the Protraction.

Maybe going back 4 Weeks to Build more Strength.

Cole Dano

Right now, the most important thing is for you just to get steady. You never stay still during the hold, get that first.

 

Don't let your protraction drop, dont let your chest drop, don't look at the camera, fix the position and hold it.

 

It may mean going all the way back to planks, as I suspect if you are moving all the time here, you are there as well.

aiken54

Protraction looking a lot better. Do you actively depress your scapulae? Also, as coach says in stretch, "if your body is fidgeting, so is your mind."

Cole Dano

Better, you're on the right track, just keep it up.