This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Balance issues on SLS/PE4

Started by Enkidu, March 17, 2015 · 1 Replies · 124 Views

Enkidu

Many years ago, I broke my right foot in the USMC in infantry school and stupidly stayed on it for several weeks.  I've been dealing with some of the issues caused by that for a long time now.  Among those issues is that I have a hell of a time balancing on my leg.  I have no issues with the strength of the leg, but balance is hard as hell for me.  When I perform SLS/PE4 on my left leg, I can easily get all 5 reps for mastery, but on my right I am wobbling around like crazy.

 

I was wondering whether, in a situation like this, where it isn't strength or flexibility, but balance, if it makes sense to do more reps or sets for the leg that has balance issues?  Anyone else overcome this issue?  If so, what did you do?

Keilani Gutierrez

I would use something like stall bars or essentially anything you can hold onto for support. make it challenging, don't hold on for dear life!

eventually, just spot yourself by placing your fingers on the support until you can do it freestanding. that would be the route I would take and i'd recommend it if you can maintain yourself honest. too much support and you won't be balancing at all. hope that helps!