This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

seattle gyms, classes, maybe training partners

Started by prozach, March 17, 2015 · 13 Replies · 2,429 Views

prozach

Just thought I would see who's out there and if anyone has recommendations for resources in seattle, or if you just want to introduce yourself.

I've taken a couple classes at sanca (circus school in Georgetown), and do acroyoga there and at om culture in fremont, think highly of both of them.

Currently making due with golds on cap hill or the park for GB stuff. If I could find a gym with a rope some rings stall bars and lots of open space, I'd cancel my golds membership in a heartbeat. Sanca has it but I can't just go there to work out on my own.

Anyway hope to hear from some peoples.

Joshua Slocum

I don't know Seattle at all, but I find that crossfit gyms tend to have rings and rope and sometimes stallbars. Maybe look at ones near you that have open gym time and see what the equipment is like? 

Jasson Zurilgen

I own a training studio in Southlake Union, upstairs from Whole Foods on Denny and Westlake. Unfortunately for you we are only one-on-one personal training but, it's nice to meet another person doing the GST program in Seattle.

I am familiar with OM Culture as my lady goes there for acro.

Anyway, just extending a hello and please contact me if you'd ever like to stop by our studio and chat.

Jasson

JDelage

I'm a Seattleite too. I work out at Eastside Strength & Conditioning, and I really like and recommend them. However, they're not gymnastic-focused. They do have rings, ropes, and lots of floor space, as well as some open gym hours.

Pantera Blacksmith

Hello!!
I am in Seattle and love having people to train with. I train at Lynnwood Crossfit, 24, a few pole and yoga studios and parks. Been making the best out of what I got to work with.

 

If you ever want to work I'm down!! You can find me on facebook :) And the same to any Seattle peeps out there

John Whitley

Hi all!  I'm in Seattle, and I've just started Foundation 1 & Handstand 1.  I don't have a gym I'm working with now, but will chime in if I find something.  I'm currently making-do with door frames vs. proper stall-bars for the early steps in Foundation.  I'll either find a place to train, or else make some stall bars.  (Yes, I have real woodworking skills.  The hard part will be reorganizing space so I can mount them. :facepalm: )

 

prozach, thanks for mentioning the acroyoga at om culture.  I've been thinking of giving that a go, so maybe I'll see you there sometime!

Jif

Hey!

 

In Seattle and just got started with online classes. Was doing mostly calisthenics/yoga and really excited to add gst to my trainings. Currently have a 24 fitness membership but would love to find an open space with rings/stall racks/ etc. Would love to meetup and train if anyone is interested! You can find me on instagram too, @yogijif

 

Right now I'm car-less and located in Seattle proper, so any leads on good places to train are very much appreciated 

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi everyone,

I'm visiting Bellevue over Mar 8-13 from the UK. Would anyone like to meet up to train? And any advice on good parks or easy access to good gyms? I'm happy to travel to downtown Seattle (currently planning to be car-less and ride the 545 bus)

I'm on F1 and HS1.

Samin

 

Jillian B

Hi Everyone! 

I realize that I am really late joining this thread, but hoping you may all still be here :)   I live in the Seattle area and am just about to start GST - An interview I recently listened to literally hit on every single limitation I have been experiencing since picking up exercise/yoga for the firsttime in my 30's.    I have been a competitive swing dancer for all of my adult life and have dabbled in yoga and now bouldering, but have found myself limited in my movements and just assumed it was because I was getting too old.  Now that I have discovered GST, I am excited to get started!

Would anybody be interested in working through the fundamentals course with me?

Thanks!

Jillian

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Jillian,

I don't live in Seattle, but do visit at least once a year. I'll ping you when I'm next there and we can GST together!

Samin

Lorenzo De Lara

Any Seattleites part of the Meetup group "Bodyweight Training Seattle" or know of any similar meetup/Facebook etc. groups that might be effective for networking/socializing? I requested to join the meetup group a while ago but no response so far...

Lori Morris

Anything else pop up in or around Seattle lately?  

Joshua Trotter

Anyone in the Greenlake area up to workout together? I'm just starting out.

Omid Ashtari Ashtari

Seattle seems as quiet as Portland when it comes to GST...is the PNW just behind the times? or everyone out rock climbing instead?