This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Deload weeks

Started by BenHack, March 17, 2015 · 4 Replies · 341 Views

BenHack

I'm wondering what we do about the thoracic stretch series during a deload week since the bridge work towards the end is quite strength oriented?

Cheers

Ben

ChrisUK

You should follow the entire stretch series as you would during a normal week. Some of the later elements are definitely more strength oriented, but that just means you should be scaling the difficulty to where you are at anyways, and should not need to deload it further during a deload week.

Edoardo Cagnola

Agreed. Remember that your stretching should not be anywhere near the intensity of your Foundation work, so scale it as needed. Also those late exercises can be pretty damn hard, but the volume is already really low so it would be really difficult to reduce that even more :)

BenHack

This is what I thought would be said. I suppose my idea was to scale back the difficulty of the work rather than the volume ie shoulder taps instead of hip taps etc. Anyway I'll keep plugging away and getting results. I look forward to seeing myself in a year.

Jon Douglas

Yep, just stay the course with the stretching :)