Push up form check

Started by Turni, March 16, 2015 · 3 Replies · 1,226 Views

Turni

Hey guys,

 

could you please check my form? Finally bought Foundation after long time of improvising with my own routines. Push up has always been my nemesis, mainly the scapular position. I really hope I finally got it right, but that's up to you to decide :) I really appreciate it.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsyo0voc478&feature=youtu.be 

 

Take care! 

chuchodani

I would like a side view to critique your form, it looks like you're not keeping PPT and I think you need to lock those scaps in protraction without letting it go.

Turni

I apologise it took me so long, here's the side view. :) Looking at the instructional video in Foundation course, you're probably right about keeping that protraction.  Can you recommend any drill to maintain it?

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEaeJ149n_8

Jon Douglas

I'm not able to view your second video for some reason...

First looks fine. I mean yeah, you could dial in a tighter line, but looks fine there.

There is a little bit of waver in your lower back, but it's hard to tell whether there's anything to that or not from two reps. Just make sure you keep an eye on that and strictly avoid any arching as the reps rise.

Otherwise, on the right track :)