(Wall) Floor extension form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 16, 2015 · 0 Replies · 1,616 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

In order to improve my shoulders mobility I started to practice wall extensions. But I found them too difficult, I can't keep my back firmly in contact with the wall. I read that I could firstly practice this exercise on the floor.

Yesterday I tried this way:

I am not at all convinced that I perform the exercise in the correct way.

Some questions:

- is it sufficient that shoulders, elbows and fingers should be in contact with the floor? Or should forearms and back side of hands be in contact as well?

- As you can see, I can't fully extend my arms without losing my lower back contact with the floor. How could I improve this stuff? Simply Stop till I can, and slowly progressing? Or better to extend my arms firstly at a wider width compared to shoulders?

Thank you!