This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Repetitions in sets for workouts

Started by madFIT, March 16, 2015 · 4 Replies · 205 Views

madFIT

Hello,

 

I started F1 and H1 a few weeks ago and not sure if I am doing the correct number of reps.  For example with the russian twist for FL/PE1 the mastery is 30r.  Is that 30r each side or total?  Same for the skiers on the coupled mobility is it 5r total or 5r each side?  So basically anytime you are working both side are the repetitions total or for each side?  Thanks, I could not find this in the forum I just want to be sure I am doing the amount of work needed for progress.  Thanks!

Joshua Slocum

Hi, madFIT. That's 30 total. Usually each side counts as a rep unless specified otherwise.

Josh Wilensky

Does the same hold true for twisting arch ups? Is mastery 10 reps total or 10 reps per side for a total of 20 reps?

Giovanni Garcea

If I understand correctly, when the element calls for a single set alternating sides continuosly within the set, then you count each side as one rep, so for arch ups it would be 10 reps total.

 

If instead an elements calls for one set to one side and then repeat on the other side after that (like SL/PE2), you should complete the prescribed number of reps for each side.

Cole Dano
 Same for the skiers on the coupled mobility is it 5r total or 5r each side?  

 

 

Skiers are 10r and wok just like Joshua described.