This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Found a way to get into position for Thoracic Bridges

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), March 15, 2015 · 3 Replies · 302 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Just thought I'd share that I found a way to get into position for thoracic bridges that works quite well for me.

 

On my first couple attempts at this stretch series, I couldn't get into the TB position for the life of me... Just don't have the strength to push myself up.

 

But using a plastic step ( similar to this: http://www.360conditioning.com/fitness-step.html  ) was able to get my body up high enough off the floor that I could push myself into position.

 

So basically I lie down on the step with my feet up on the wall ( I don't have stall bars), and from there reach my hands back and down to the floor, and from that position I just have just enough strength to push myself up and into position.

 

 

Just thought I'd share, as it helped me a great deal, and I would imagine a step is something that is in most gyms.

 

Cam

James Ousby

I used the physio ball from one of the earlier progressions for the same purpose. i.e face the stall balls sitting on the ball. walk you feet up a few rungs and then arch back over the ball. 

James Ousby
James Ousby said:

I used the physio ball from one of the earlier progressions for the same purpose. i.e face the stall balls sitting on the ball. walk you feet up a few rungs and then arch back over the ball.

Ok I saw Coach Sommer shut the physio ball idea down in another thread in favour of doing a wall handstand and wall your feet down the stall bars. However I did think the physio ball option did allow me to get some pressing work in (like about 50% of what you have to do from the floor) that the handstand option would miss out on. I'll give the handstand option a run though.
Melanie Hunter

Oh-oops! I just posted in another thread about the physioball method-I didn't realize Coach had advised against it!