This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1<iM Check (yes, another one)

Started by daveK, March 14, 2015 · 2 Replies · 100 Views

daveK

Hi everyone. This is my first post here in the forums. I'm just looking for some feedback on this mobility element. Yes, I realize that half of the post here are form checks on this exercise. Regardless, if you could give me any feedback at all it would be great.

 

I've been working on this for a few weeks now, just trying to make the movement easy. Hands are at shoulder width and I'm pulling the bar back hard. Getting a lot of trap recruitment. Thanks for any feedback you have. 

Movie on 3-7-15 at 3.57 PM.mov

sashok

I think the stick should be over your head or even behind

Mark Schoenhard

Watch the foundation video again.  The athlete starts with the bar on his knees, lifts with straight arms, as the bar comes up in front of the head the shoulders are elevated, as the bar moves overhead keep the shoulders elevated and then the bar is pulled behind the head to complete the full range of motion this iM targets.  Good job with the straight back and hand placement.