This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090806

Started by Coach Sommer, August 6, 2009 · 4 Replies · 935 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090806.jpg

Perform 3 sets each of:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Front Lever Rows

1 Embedded PL + 5 XR PPP Plus

1 Embedded FL + 5 L-sit Lifts

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Row/Pushup variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose an embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold for a 15 second static hold.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 2 minutes in between giant sets; a giant set is comprised of the embedded static and the subsequent exercise.

4) Perform the front lever rows in the body position that is most challenging for the 5 repetitions.

5) XR PPP Plus and L-sit Lifts are found on BtGB, pg 63 and pg 124 respectively.

6) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Nobodystopsdblob

Explosive Leg Workout - beginner/intermidiate

Quick warm up

A1. 5 min joint mobility

A2. Ido's Squat Clinic Routine X 1 set

Explosive Movements Training

B1. Jump Into Box - Standing 8 reps X 3 sets / 90 sec rest for both jumped onto a 2 foot box. Not ideal, tried to jump and tuck my legs as high as possible as if I was jumping onto a higher platform.

C1. Jump Into Box - Iso-Squat 8 reps X 3 sets / 90 sec rest

3 min rest

Strength Work

D1. The Shrimp (foot+knee or just knee of the back leg touching the ground) 5 reps per leg just knee touching. Not really that difficult. Lost balance a few times, nowehere near as hard to balance as a pistol. Lucky to have small pad to drop onto though as the landings were not always soft.

D2. Harop Curl 5 reps intermediate version, I like this much better than staying straight and using a small push with the hands.

perform 5 total sets of A1-A2 rest 90 sec after both A1 and A2

Lower leg finisher whoops I totally realized I forgot this. Will do when I get home.

E1. 50 reps of jump rope (or just jumping) in place with right leg (No knee bend - calf work only)

E2. 60 sec of standing on right leg only with eyes shut

E3. 50 reps of jump rope (or just jumping) in place with left leg (No knee bend - calf work only)

E4. 60 sec of standing on left leg only with eyes shut

Perform 2 total sets of F1-F4 do not rest between exercises

Perform 3 sets each of: only did 1 set

1 Embedded BL 1/2 lay + 5 Front Lever Rows tuck

1 Embedded PL advance tuck (!)+ 5 XR PPP Plus feet touching throughout.

1 Embedded FL advanced tuck (some cycling!) + 5 L-sit Lifts tucked

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks (nope)

Coach Sommer
Perform 3 sets each of: only did 1 set

In my opinion performing only one set was a mistake. The primary focus of today's workout was basic strength for the upper body, not explosive leg work. If additional explosive leg work was desired, it would have been better placed after the primary workout.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Nobodystopsdblob

I agree. I was trying to combine two workouts into 1 since I skipped yesterday. The reason I only did 1 was because of time constraints. I actually felt pretty good through the 1 set.

Richard Duelley

I did the above except with regular PPP along with Idos leg work and my SS cycle. Lets just say it was a solid 2 hours of fun (along with some ring swings and more back levers)! :mrgreen: I am going to try and do the WOD, my SS cycle and Idos Floreio workouts. I have been doing this all week and so far my body has held up fine. I am really excited about my increasing work capacity! 8)

I did it in this order:

WOD

Ring work

Idos leg routine

Handstand work

SS cycle

and of course joint mobility as a warm up and cool down.

I am having more and more fun with my workouts. :D