This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1+iM

Started by HB_Ron, March 13, 2015 · 3 Replies · 135 Views

HB_Ron

I did 4X6reps for Hinge Rows. Hinge Rows were very easy, but the rear delts were somewhat sore a day after.

I'm going to do another workout or two with my current level before I intend to increase the volume from 4X6reps to 5X9reps.

 

A few questions:

 

RC/PE1 - I recorded from different angles. The first video looks good compared to the course video.

However, from a side view(2nd video at 2:25) it looks a bit different and I'm not sure if my hips position is correct in general.

 

Btw, before starting the set I placed my hips right under the rings. When I straightened the body, my shoulders weren't always under the rings. I just want someone to clarify if it's an important detail or not.

 

RC/ME1 - I don't really feel a stretch. I tried to squeeze my lats a bit and push my shoulder away(protraction). Only then I felt a little stretch. Am I standing too close to the bar/Should I move further from it?Also, does it matter if the stretch is held with a pronated hand grip or a mid-position grip(when using a pole/vertical bar instead)

 

Thanks !! :)

chuchodani

PE Looks good, but you're doing the iM with improper technique. Take a little bit more of distance between your feet and the bar, and also you need to sit back more and let your shoulder relax like if it's been pulled forward.

HB_Ron
chuchodani said:

PE Looks good, but you're doing the iM with improper technique. Take a little bit more of distance between your feet and the bar, and also you need to sit back more and let your shoulder relax like if it's been pulled forward.

I see,  thank you Chunchodani, I will update tomorrow! I hope I'll feel the stretch.

 

I'd love to hear more opinions on Hinge Rows from you guys before my next workout, please  :icon_cool:

MattiasF

Nice work!

 

I have the following minor comments:

- Focus on keeping the butt fixed at a specific point, no vertical movement, makes the exercise feel and look smoother.

- Let the shoulder movement come naturally, from protracted to retracted, and back, during the course of the movement, looks too fiddly now.

 

I like sit like the athlete in the course video to get properly aligned. Arms should be hanging slightly (ring height) ahead of me when sitting with a straight back (back relative to rings alignment).

 

Please note that I'm not certified in any way to review your form.