This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Extreme DOMS

Started by leo, March 13, 2015 · 5 Replies · 411 Views

leo

So I completed my first MSs on Monday after F7, it is now Thursday and I am only starting to feel normal again!

 

I felt during the stretching session fantastic, I was really enjoying all the stretches and could feel my muscles completely lengthening without any pain. That evening I could feel my hip flexors, hamstrings and adductors so intensely that I had to cancel my workouts until today. I'm not stranger to stretching and have don so my whole life but this was totally extreme.

 

Is there some way I can speed up doms or something I can do during the session (eg heated room etc..)?

 

Any feedback would be great!

Mark Collins

Some anti-inflammatories may help. Other than that keep your regular exercise up as nothing has been proven to get rid of DOMS. You will find the next session will not cause as much DOMS. My first session of thoracic bridge caused 4 days of soreness, but now I am fine the next day.

Keegan

To add to what Mark said. I personally have found these to help with DOMS:

-foam rolling (the more sore I am the lighter I roll)

-ice massage

-contrast baths

-L-Glutamine supplementation

-low intensity cardio/activity (basically getting blood into the muscles and moving them through whatever ROM you can handle)

Coach Sommer

Don't fight it. The body will adjust shortly.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

JonathanSilverman

One time, I got more DOMS than I could handle.   I shamelessly took two ibuprofens. 

 

And one more thing,  the best thing for DOMS in the following days,  a tad more exercise with the affected area, to get some blood flowing. 

leo

Thank you all so much! Coach thats very zen...  :icon_cool:

 

I completed TBs yesterday and today I feel great! I'm so glad these courses came out.

 

Thanks all for your helpful replies!