This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What to do when taking a break from dislocates?

Started by Richard Sassoon, March 12, 2015 · 2 Replies · 154 Views

Richard Sassoon

Well, after a consultation with an osteopath I found out that my left shoulder is somehow lower than my right. This causes some imbalances in strength and instability on my left shoulder, which after practicing dislocates for some time caused a bursa inflammation... going too narrow too quickly maybe?

 

Summary is that I have to take a break from dislocates just after having mastered them.. I had started on PE6, but now I'm not sure what to do. I started focusing again on PE2 iM and PE4 iM, trying to increase the weight for shoulder extension, hoping this will help somehow, and I also decided to focus on PE5 now with proper ppt... meanwhile I would also like to develop the internal rotation flexibility for the undergrip dislocates so when I'm ready to start again on them I will have an easier time. Any recommendations? :)

Bipocni

Dorsal pushups and German hangs are pretty similar as far as both end ROM's go. But if you've got an injury, maybe you should relax and lay off stressing it for a bit?

Richard Sassoon

Thanks for the suggestions!

It's not really an injury, just some imbalance and inflammation, so I got a few exercises from the osteopath like cable external and internal rotations, seated cable row (for the scapula/rhomboids), and high reps for other exercises that target the shoulder to get more blood flowing there. I can perform most exercises but nothing that flares out my elbows, like dorsal pushups for example or wide grip pushup (which I don't do anyway), wide grip pull ups is also a bit painful when the elbows get level with the shoulders. It might take some time to fix all that but I can still do other things that don't interfere with the recovery so that it doesn't set me back too much...