This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/SE1 Chinese

Started by RJS, March 12, 2015 · 2 Replies · 196 Views

RJS

I just wanted to report how this element in particular has helped the consistency in my HS. I dont know why but the Chinese handstand and everything in HS up to this point is just amazing. I think in about 4 weeks the element helped me increase HS times by an additional 60 sec. Must be the forced protraction, as opposed to slowly sinking down with the wall, or freestanding. Cool.

 

oh ya forgot to mention, all of a sudden my freestanding HS changed into a Jefferson curl almost, where i can feel myself touching down, and being able to control my spine on the way up. lots more control now.

Coach Sommer
RJS said:

I just wanted to report how this element in particular has helped the consistency in my HS. I dont know why but the Chinese handstand and everything in HS up to this point is just amazing. I think in about 4 weeks the element helped me increase HS times by an additional 60 sec. Must be the forced protraction, as opposed to slowly sinking down with the wall, or freestanding. Cool.

 

oh ya forgot to mention, all of a sudden my freestanding HS changed into a Jefferson curl almost, where i can feel myself touching down, and being able to control my spine on the way up. lots more control now.

 

Well done.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Micawberian

My favourite part about the chinese HS is when you find a bar that your toes can just barely, barely touch (like it says in the notes) really forcing that shoulder extension. If you drop those shoulders, you fall. Like you said, its like the wall but so much better!

(Cool to see people progressing onto SE's...the mobility drills will be the bane of your existence from now on :P )