This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

About sPL/PE1-iM(Swivel Hips)

Started by HB_Ron, March 11, 2015 · 4 Replies · 227 Views

HB_Ron
I know it's been asked many times and the answer to this question is likely to be no. But - Is it acceptable to train sPL/PE1+iM and AFTER THAT train sPL/PE2+iM and then progress to even higher PEs+IM? For example: When sPL/PE2+iM is mastered, I plan on doing sPL/PE1+iM & sPL/PE3+iM and so on on the same workout.. 
1.FL/PE2

2.sPL/PE1 (+iM)

3.HBP/PE2

4.RC/PE1

5.sPL/PE2(+iM)

 
If not... Then what (good) reason should I let these damn Swivel hips stall my progress? :angry: 

If I start practicing on higher PEs, then I can reach sPL/PE4 pretty fast and this will help a lot with my HBP progress..

Jason Dupree

The later iM s require internal rotation of the hip. If you bend you knees your foot should be above your knee (this is actually a later iM, can't remember which). Swivel hip helps with that.

Sven Ravnstag

Swivel Hips are the ABHs of iMs.

HB_Ron
Jason Dupree said:

The later iM s require internal rotation of the hip. If you bend you knees your foot should be above your knee (this is actually a later iM, can't remember which). Swivel hip helps with that.

 

You mean sPL/PE(5 to 7) -iM? ( Prone Half Straddle Planche Hold/Knee Extensions)

Sven Ravnstag said:

Swivel Hips are the ABHs of iMs.

What? :blink:

Ben Lawlis
Sven Ravnstag said:

Swivel Hips are the ABHs of iMs.

Sums it up beautifully. They look so simple, but you then realize you've been doing them for the best part of a year and still need to do more.