I would like to train outside in summer time.
What is the best way to reschedule F1 to workout outside with minimal equipment? Or could one atleast do a reasonable split?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alexander Egebak, March 11, 2015 · 5 Replies · 291 Views
I would like to train outside in summer time.
What is the best way to reschedule F1 to workout outside with minimal equipment? Or could one atleast do a reasonable split?
Depends on where you are on the F1 progressions.
I'm presuming the most problematic things are the mobility elements which require a dumbbell (like Xiaopengs and Jefferson Curls) so maybe those are the ones you need to in a gym settings, unless you don't mind carrying equipment around.
Some movements done on the ground like Hollow Holds might be somewhat uncomfortable but doable I suppose.
For stuff that requires stall bars you'll need to find a playground with something that works like it. For RC progressions you probably need to buy some rings and find a bar to hang it from. You might need to be creative if it's something like Elevated Rows, but necessity is the mother of invention.
Do all the exercises that you can outside. Then have a second workout where you do the other exercises in a place that has the needed equipment.
You might be able to find some portable equipment that lets you do more movements outside, too.
Joshua Slocum said:Do all the exercises that you can outside. Then have a second workout where you do the other exercises in a place that has the needed equipment.
You might be able to find some portable equipment that lets you do more movements outside, too.
I do F7 3 days a week.
Would it seriously hurt my progress in work capacity to divide a days workout into 2 workouts a day?
Gather whatever you need and go outside. Find a tree to hang rings, set up some bars, have fun with it. You can make it just as good a work out as inside. You just need to set it up to meet your training needs. The biggest thing I would suggest is always track your progress. Progress begets progress, inside or outside.
Alexander Egebak said:I do F7 3 days a week.
Would it seriously hurt my progress in work capacity to divide a days workout into 2 workouts a day?
I wouldn't be too worried about it.