This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

thumb pain....help me please !

Started by Giadem90, March 11, 2015 · 7 Replies · 118 Views

Giadem90

Hallo! I'm new at this forum and I have a specific question about pain.

 

If I stretch the forearm extensor muscles of my left arm, I feel a dull pain on the thumb in the outer side of hand. If I go deeper on stretch, the pain worsens . The pain is not the usual feeling of stretching too hard ( what I feel with the right arm) but something of different. This pain is felt moreover doing wrist pushups, also with very light weight.
I think the problem is about extensor of thumb, so I have massaged this muscles and search some trigger point but the pain is remained.
Of course I will go to the doctor but I wish to have some suggest from you smile.png.

Alexander S.

Have you ever sprained the thumb? (Think the thumb being forced hard backwards). I partially tore my ulnar collateral ligament in there a year and a half ago and it still doesn't feel right. Does the thumb fatigue quickly when holding something heavy in a pinch grip?

thenail001

CMC OA vs dequervain's tenosynovitis vs intersection syndrome vs old scaphoid fracture nonunion vs superficial radial nerve injury to get you started.

 

Sounds like you are doing a Finkelstein's test.

 

But, not enough info, go see a doctor.

Giadem90
Alexander S. said:

Have you ever sprained the thumb? (Think the thumb being forced hard backwards). I partially tore my ulnar collateral ligament in there a year and a half ago and it still doesn't feel right. Does the thumb fatigue quickly when holding something heavy in a pinch grip?

If I grip something for a while then I feel a dull Sensation of pain...About sprain I Dont remember...
Giadem90
thenail001 said:

CMC OA vs dequervain's tenosynovitis vs intersection syndrome vs old scaphoid fracture nonunion vs superficial radial nerve injury to get you started.

Sounds like you are doing a Finkelstein's test.

But, not enough info, go see a doctor.

Today I try this test you Say.I Dont think is dequervain because The pain is not on wrist, near thumb But only on thumb... This problem follows me from months, before I start to Train, Only with wrist push up and wrist extension stretching this pain gets worse...

And Sorry, what do you Mean for CMC OA?

RJS

issues in my hands from HS get better with rest and heated cream massages. Deep pressure on the nerves to loosen everything up. Of course that might not help, but alot of my hand issues come from beaten up nerves getting overused.

 

Tiger balm, massages, rest. I also ice after most sessions just for fun. This is training with 200lbs though, and i do about 3 sets of 2 min handstands every other day, so probably too much.

Bipocni

Do you spend a simply ridiculous amount of time on your phone by any chance?

Giadem90
Bipocni said:

Do you spend a simply ridiculous amount of time on your phone by any chance?

Not much, when I use my Phone the thumb working is only the right thumb, that is the painfree thumb...the left thumb only grips the Phone. The movements that produce more pain are :wrist pushup,wrist stretching of extensor and a dull pain when I grip something and rotate strongly