This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

newbie with some question

Started by Giadem90, March 11, 2015 · 3 Replies · 100 Views

Giadem90

Hallo! I'm new at this fantastic forum and I need some advices and opinion :) 

 

1) I feel a light pain doing forearm plank. The pain is on the right shoulder , inner not superficial,on the side .The same pain is felt doing headstand....my thought was supraspinatus..

 

2)I have read the post about "when stop a set" ....but how can is possibile doing every set at exhaustion  with so low rest?  I have noticed that for me the best strategy is work with a number of rep lower respect of my maximum...doing in this manner I'm wrong or I walk away from the purpose of the program? the fatigue I feel after a number of set is very high, so  my focus is similar. 

 

3)light question.....Is normal that I'm stuck with pushups for 2 months?  :P

 

 

Thank you at all ,I appreciate your kindness.

Jeremy Huston

1. Pain is not good.  Don't push through pain -- that's a fantastic way to injure yourself.

 

2. If you can't do all the sets without additional rest, you're further in the progressions than you should be.  The main exception to this is when extra rest is used as a strategy to get those last couple reps when you've plateaued.  But the extra rest must be removed for mastery.

 

3. Yes -- plateauing is normal.  There are many threads about strategies for fighting through plateaus.

Joshua Slocum

As Jeremey said, you're trying to take on too much volume if you're going to exhaustion after every set. For example, when I'm performing an exercise that I find difficult, this is what my sets usually feel like:

 

1. Almost effortless.

2. Starting to notice some strain, but still very strong.

3. This set is effortful - I'm starting to breath hard.

4. Challenging - I'm tired at the end of the set and breathing quite hard.

5. Very challenging - I'm close to failure at the end, and breathing as hard as I can.  

Giadem90

Thank You for your advices ;) Joshua, the sensations I feel during the sets is the same you describe! So I am on the right Way of training, I think... Sorry for my orribile English [emoji14]