This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can I super set my warm up?

Started by Murray Truelove, March 11, 2015 · 10 Replies · 199 Views

Murray Truelove

Title says it all. Any reason not to super set?

Alexander Egebak

I have been doing so for a while. Would like to know too.

 

I guess it depends on how you warm and what your warm up consists of.

meras

It's what I've been doing for a while now and prefer it that way because I only need my warm up to .. warm me up so that I could go on and do the elements I'm currently working on :)

Jon Douglas

I do it, why sit around and waste time?

Provided of course you aren't being a warmup hero :)

Alexander Egebak

What is a warm up hero?

Iguanus
Alexander Egebak said:

What is a warm up hero?

"Note also that the rate of perceived exerction (RPE) on these warmup sets should only be moderate, at best."

That's in the Warmup intro of the course. Don't try really hard, because that's not the point.

 

Intro link.

Pafke

Im doing it to, looks like everybody does it so probably you can. :D

Murray Truelove

Thanks for answering!

Sven Ravnstag

Do you do a your warmup as a cohesive block prior to starting you proper Foundation work for the day? I've always done an individual element warmup prior to beginning each exercise. It seems to work fine, but now that I think about it the one shot way might make more sense.

Murray Truelove
Sven Ravnstag said:

Do you do a your warmup as a cohesive block prior to starting you proper Foundation work for the day? I've always done an individual element warmup prior to beginning each exercise. It seems to work fine, but now that I think about it the one shot way might make more sense.

I normally do a general warmup (joint rotations, IM's, etc) for 15-20 minutes then move onto Foundation work and do warm up PE/IM's before my current progression, so Fb goes:

General warmup

SL:PE-IM/1 2 set

SL:PE-IM/2 1 set

SL:PE-IM/3 5 sets

MN:PE-IM/1 3 sets

MN:PE-IM/2 5 sets

SLS:PE-IM/1 3 sets

SLS:PE-IM/2 5 sets

 

But thinking of doing:

 

General warmup

SL:PE-IM/1, MN:PE-IM/1, SLS:PE-IM/1

 

SL:PE-IM/1, MN:PE-IM/1, SLS:PE-IM/1

 

SL:PE-IM/2, MN:PE-IM/1, SLS:PE-IM/1

 

SL:PE-IM/3 5 sets

MN:PE-IM/2 5 sets

SLS:PE-IM/2 5 sets

Alexander Egebak

This is what I do prior to beginning strength work:

 

1 x 15r AU

 

1 x 30r ABR

 

1 x 5r Xiao Pengs

 

Weighted pancake stretch 3 x 30s / JC 3 x 5r / kneeling lunge stretch 3 x 30s / assisted german hang 3 x 30s --> supersetting

 

It takes about 10-15 minutes and gets me warm.