This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What touches floor in SL/PE3?

Started by Alan Tseng, March 11, 2015 · 3 Replies · 135 Views

Alan Tseng

What part of the body touches the floor in this exercise? I'm not sure if hips suppose to touch.

Keilani Gutierrez

probably if you're really flexible. how much contact, i couldnt say...unless you allow some traveling of the bodyline by piking which i dont think would be ideal. just focus on keeping the body in a relatively straight line and focus on the oblique arching action. :)

Iguanus

I did it getting the closest I could to 90 degrees. As Keilani said, there will be a tendendy to bend yourself to the front or back, but this is supposed to be a side exercise. If you find yourself doing that and need help (or can't say you're not doing that), as happened with me, just do it really close to a walll, so that every pike will make you touch the wall and remember to correct form.

 

Also, nearly my whole lower body was in the ground. The whole legs and hips, definetely.

MrPuppeh

As shown in the video - hips dont touch.

 

Check the shadows at the bottom position. I think that mid thighs can slightly brush the floor.

 

But I agree it is harder to spot the form due to the shorts the athlete has :)

 

But this is only my opinion, I may be wrong. Soon gonna master SL/PE1 only