This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 minimum lean required for mastery

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 10, 2015 · 4 Replies · 196 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

I need to clarify this point, the minimum lean required for planche lean for mastery.

I noticed that if I lean even only a bit the difficulty increases a lot, so I would like to have a reference point to build the 5 sets of 30 secs with good form and then move on.

Basing that I place my hands at 45 degrees outwards, what should I take as reference to compare with my upper body ? My fingertips? My wrists? My palms?

Just to clarify better...

post-10847-142599713088_thumb.png

Is my leaning sufficient in this pic? Or is it too much? Or too low?

Thank you!!

chuchodani

I think the right reference point is the wrist, and for mastery Foundation indicates that you want your wrist just in front of your hips. Judging your picture, your hands are at a good level.

Alexander Egebak

I think you lean quite well. However legs look slightly bent, I am not sure

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Alexander Egebak said:

I think you lean quite well. However legs look slightly bent, I am not sure

Yep, you're right! This is something I've been focusing to fix! [emoji16]
Sven Ravnstag

Locking the knees does wonders for body alignment all the way up (and down). For me the knees seem to be an escape point of sorts; when I keep them locked it forces the glutes to work and the only place to go is forward into the lean.

It looks good!