Hello guys,
Not using the forum much, still I have a recurring problem I can't seem to solve and thought it was worth giving a shot.
It's the third time I'm cycling through week 9-12 of RC1 and I can never seem to finish it with good form (I just took foundatio back up but had the same problem when I first did it months ago).
My form badly deteriorate beginning 4*15 and the last set in 5*15 is pretty bad. If I rest between sets it's better obviously, still I would like to complete the cycle as a mastery and since it's my third attempt already.. .
I'm already able to do several full body pulls though, so I'm just wondering why can't I get it done with good form ? Am I doing it wrong ? Shouldn't it be easier than RC2 ? It seems more oriented toward shoulders than back so could it be that ?
Thanks in advance for any input, I really want to get the basics perfect and this one is frustrating.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Problem with first RC variation
Started by PSon, March 10, 2015 · 6 Replies · 437 Views
This should be posted in the F1 sub-forum. You'll find a lot has been said about it already. Good luck.
Oh damn, i'm not in F1 here ? Thanks, I'll check it out ![]()
I've been doing these for nearly ten months now. Today, for the first time, I got 4x15. I nearly ran around the room doing cartwheels of joy. I just need one more set and I've finally mastered it. So close. Hopefully next month.
These ten months have been incredible, in a grueling, almost masochistic sort of way. As the months have gone, my weak point has evolved. First my grip was the first thing to give out, my forearms feeling pumped to double the size after. Then my grip got better and my biceps became the part to tap out. Now my biceps are relatively mellow during this exercise. The first time I did 4x12 with good form, my lats yelled at me with DOMS for three days. In the two months since then (yes, it took two months to go from 4x12 to 4x15 for me, with good form), my lats have calmed down and now my remaining weaklink is the shoulders, specifically my tight right shoulder. Once I've conquered this, I've conquered the exercise. So close!
Also, I've seen nice physical changes. My forearms now taper instead of being sticks. My biceps, formally small nondescript bumps, are now nice and round. Not guns, but a huge improvement over my scrawny little arms.
When I started F1, I could do a few deadhang pullups. I figured I'd get through the rows pretty quickly. If you would have told me a year from now I'd still be on the first element, I would have been disappointed. If you would have told me, though, that I would have been far stronger in terms of both muscle and connective tissue, I'd be satisfied. That's how I'm looking at it.
Sensei JP said:I've been doing these for nearly ten months now. Today, for the first time, I got 4x15. I nearly ran around the room doing cartwheels of joy. I just need one more set and I've finally mastered it. So close. Hopefully next month.
These ten months have been incredible, in a grueling, almost masochistic sort of way. As the months have gone, my weak point has evolved. First my grip was the first thing to give out, my forearms feeling pumped to double the size after. Then my grip got better and my biceps became the part to tap out. Now my biceps are relatively mellow during this exercise. The first time I did 4x12 with good form, my lats yelled at me with DOMS for three days. In the two months since then (yes, it took two months to go from 4x12 to 4x15 for me, with good form), my lats have calmed down and now my remaining weaklink is the shoulders, specifically my tight right shoulder. Once I've conquered this, I've conquered the exercise. So close!
Also, I've seen nice physical changes. My forearms now taper instead of being sticks. My biceps, formally small nondescript bumps, are now nice and round. Not guns, but a huge improvement over my scrawny little arms.
When I started F1, I could do a few deadhang pullups. I figured I'd get through the rows pretty quickly. If you would have told me a year from now I'd still be on the first element, I would have been disappointed. If you would have told me, though, that I would have been far stronger in terms of both muscle and connective tissue, I'd be satisfied. That's how I'm looking at it.
Well said. And congratulations!
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Well, my grip does hurt but the burn is something I'm used to as a rock climber (the brachioradialis do get a nice pump though).
Never felt it in the biceps or back either, I mean, this exercise I don't feel in the back at all.
For some reason around the 4th at ~ 12 reps I start to lose the clear hip pike at the end of the movement and can't keep the chest completely out, using more momentum, and it's just less clean overall.
The part that hurt really are my triceps, which is why it's frustrating as well. I mean, triceps ? Don't get it, meh.. .
Whatever, I don't understand why but I'll keep grinding it and just nail it eventually, hopefully not in ten month though, I don't have the same kind of patience as you do ![]()
Thanks everyone,
Just a short notice to say, I lowered the rings and my problem is pretty much fixed.
My triceps are no longer the limiting factor (rather my biceps), lats finally firing as well (not much but I do feel it).
So I'll just work through the progression again properly and in a very controlled fashion to increase TUT, godspeed